Best B2B Content Marketing Agencies by Vertical
When searching for a content marketing agency to jumpstart your business, choosing a service that offers the right blend of experience, technique, and competence will be important. This article will provide a list of agencies in different verticals to help narrow down the search.
According to recent statistics, there are over 5,523 digital marketing agencies in the United States. With a growth rate of 12.2% a year, marketing is a massive industry that covers various niches and fields. Agencies use a wide variety of tactics to help their clients succeed, and one of the most universally popular is content marketing.
Content marketing is an important core strategy for B2B enterprises of all sizes. It allows organizations to scale their web presence, attract qualified leads, and engage with their audience in an authentic manner.
It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to make content marketing work for you. However, it can take a good deal of time, money, and effort, particularly when done in-house. That’s why more than 62% of companies choose to outsource their content marketing to an expert in their industry.
There are two main outsourcing options to choose from: freelancers and content marketing agencies. While freelancers can be more cost-effective, they aren’t always available when you need them and may not have the industry expertise to do everything you want. For this reason, finding an agency with experience in your industry takes the guesswork out of content marketing and will go a long way to ensuring a beneficial campaign.
Choosing the right content marketing agency can take a long time. Focusing on agencies in your industry will help to make the process smoother.
Let’s look at:
- The benefits of hiring an agency with vertical experience
- Signs of a stellar agency
- Top agencies by vertical
- Making the final decision
The Benefits of Hiring an Agency with Vertical Experience
It’s always possible to hire a ‘generalized’ content marketing agency. These businesses serve a wide variety of clientele and use similar industry tactics across each specialization.
While generalized content marketing still offers value, umbrella services may not always be enough to move the needle. The companies we work with at Draft.dev require very in-depth technical content, which only experts can write. With the right budget, businesses can offload content marketing responsibilities on a team of experts offering customized strategies.
Agencies with in-depth vertical experience can:
- Focus solely on your niche
- Push campaigns with proven results
- Repair weaknesses in your campaign
Signs of a Stellar Agency
Before dedicating budget to a content marketing agency, you’ll want to make sure that you’re choosing a partner for long-term results. You need to watch out for marketing agency dealbreakers. Just because an agency works within your niche doesn’t mean they’ll be the best fit for the job.
Here are a couple of tell-tale signs that the agency in your niche has what it takes to make a difference:
- Good reviews
- Solid case studies
- Self-application of strategies
- Measurable results and metrics
Has more than one agency caught your eye? Some investigative journalism could help to eliminate tie-breakers. After all, the most significant difference between good agencies and great agencies begins with testimonials. What are people saying about their experiences? Would they recommend the agency to others? If possible, chat with a prior client directly.
Top Agencies by Vertical
Some of the most popular and fastest-growing industries today include technology, finance or fintech, travel, sustainability, marketing, and telecommunications. According to their niche and vertical, we’ve included some of the best B2B content marketing agencies.
The technology industry can include just about anything, from fintech and martech to software development. Content marketing agencies must demonstrate specific knowledge of the field, as well as offer case studies that prove their relevance.
A few experienced contenders include:
- Draft.dev: Technical content marketing for software developers and startups. Uses blog posts and additional add-on services to scale marketing endeavors.
- Walker Sands: Full service marketing for a host of technical industries, ranging from GrubHub to G2 Crowd to RaspberryPi.
- SkyRocket Group: B2B tech marketing for specific niches, focusing on email, social media, and content marketing.
From credit unions to SaaS platforms, content marketing agencies specializing in financial services should be fully equipped to drive inbound marketing campaigns.
Some of the more well-known agencies in this niche include:
- The Realization Group: Full-service agency offering fintech and banking establishments solutions. They are primarily known for their SEO, inbound marketing, and PR services.
- CSTMR: Focusing on B2B and B2C organizations, CSTMR provides steady growth with customized content marketing strategies. Their most prominent clients include Credit Karma, Lending Tree, and TRUSTe.
- Banktastic: Banktastic has served financial brands for many years with internal and external content marketing options.
Travel is an umbrella category for thousands of niche businesses. From transportation and tourism to overnight lodgings, it describes one of the fastest growing markets in the world.
These content marketing agencies are dedicated to helping businesses in this field thrive:
- Volume Nine: Specializing in travel and tourism, Volume Nine has worked alongside brands such as Visit Aurora, Big Sky Montana, and Inside Japan.
- AMP Agency: AMP uses focused data to create actionable campaigns. Its inbound marketing strategy for the travel industry includes content engagement, brand sentiments, and search rankings.
- Thrive: With a moniker of ‘supercharging success,’ Thrive focuses on helping travel businesses with video production, content marketing, and Nextdoor advertising.
The sustainability industry includes B2B companies such as green energy, conservation, and renewables.
Since this is a highly specific market, content marketing agencies should have plenty of experience in the niche:
- Communications Strategy Group (CSG): Known for working alongside some of the biggest names in the industry, CSG specializes in content marketing, internal communications, and crisis communication management.
- ADIN: This company is branded as the ‘healthy lifestyle agency,’ working within for-profit and nonprofit sustainability niches.
- Witty Kitty: With a focus on sustainable brands and green real estate, Witty Kitty has helped SMBs and small businesses reach warm and hot audiences with content marketing efforts.
Even marketing companies can need a little help getting started, or additional resources from a trusted partner.
Here are a few agencies to check first:
- Siege Media: With decades of combined industry experience, Siege Media claims to create up to $7,238,000 a month in client traffic value.
- Altitude Marketing: Altitude specializes in B2B content marketing in a full-service capacity, ranging from lead generation to blog writing.
- Kworq: This creative production agency uses all forms of content to revolutionize your marketing brand, from videos and blogs to social media.
With the arrival of streaming and IoT, the telecommunications industry is more significant than ever. Capturing and maintaining an audience in this field starts with having an excellent content strategy and high-quality writing.
Below are three of the best agencies for telecoms:
- Brafton: Brafton is considered one of the best content marketing agencies in the business, focusing primarily on B2B enterprises within the telecom industry.
- Straight North: With solid case studies and excellent testimonials, Straight North provides both strategy and finesse to telecom content marketing.
- Iron Paper: Iron Paper has generated thousands of leads for B2B telecom companies, offering content marketing services that follow a specialized process.
Making The Final Decision
The importance of hiring an agency in your industry cannot be overstated. Not only should they have a proven track record of experience in your vertical, but they should have the tools, experts, and writing style you need to make an impact for the long term.
When the time comes to hire a content marketing agency, be sure to take your time. Evaluate agencies by their proven work, customer satisfaction, and price point. Be sure to ask any questions you may have, and carefully consider the pros and cons of each. If experience teaches us anything, it’s that meticulous decisions often lead to optimized results.
There are many more content marketing agencies than those listed above, many of them with years of successful experience in your industry niche. That’s why research is the most critical part of making a final decision, particularly for B2B leaders. Chat with current customers, read case studies, and discuss desired deliverables with your team before signing on the dotted line.
If you want to reach software developers, data engineers, or devops professionals, schedule a call to see if we’re a good fit.
Want ideas for your next blog post?
Kickstart your content marketing efforts. Download our list of 50+ winning ideas for your company's blog today.